Happy February, everybody!
Well that’s a great start to a new month, I survived my first Dry January and I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award! I’m especially pleased with this nomination as my aim is to bring a little ray of sunshine to you all from Planet Dom. Thank you to Girl Friday for nominating me. If you’re a chionophile, like me, check out her post about Snow Quotes, there’s some great images to feed your imagination.
The Rules for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or in your blog.
1. Suziland too
2. The Bloggess
Questions for Nominees:
- What is your favourite comedy sketch?
- Describe yourself in five words
- What is the scariest/most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
- What wrongs would you put right if you were invisible for the day?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- What questions would you like to ask anyone, alive or dead?
- What’s your view like from Planet Earth today?
- If your house caught fire, what belongings would you rescue?
- Have you ever been stranded abroad?
- Have you ever appeared on TV / radio?
My Answers to GirlFriday’s Questions:
1. How did you choose your blog name?
It’s about my partner, Dom. I’m convinced he’s from another planet, so the Planet According to Dom was born.
2. What is your greatest ambition?
Dom and I ran an adventure group for 12 years. Planet Dom is a precursor to our adventures during that time. I’d like to see it turned into a TV series with celebrity guest spots (a bit like Frasier). How’s that for ambition! I just have to write it first.
3. Where is the most exotic location you have travelled to?
Sumatra. You can check out my photos here.
4. What is your favourite book?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
5. If you could be an animal for the day, what would it be?
6. When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably?
At Christmas. Playing Scrabble with a dyslexic is always entertaining!
7. What is your drink of choice?
Black tea, I drink copious amounts of it. Alcohol wise I like a dry white wine, but keep me away from bubbles!
8. Which famous person, dead or alive, would you like to have lunch with?
Sandi Toksvig, I bet she has some really funny stories to tell!
9. What is your first childhood memory?
I can’t remember!
10. What is your favourite pizza topping?
Mushrooms. Can’t beat a bit of funghi.
11. Can money buy you happiness?
No, but I’d like to see if it can!