Have you been caught up in Olympics fever, or do you steer clear of any type of sporting events, either televised or in everyday life?
My favourite has to be the Winter Olympics. The thrills! The spills! The danger! Admittedly, I watch most of it through semi-closed fingers as I can’t bear the thought of anyone crashing and hurting themselves; I ruptured my ACL on my second ski trip, so I can feel their pain. Most of all I love the moguls; those guys can’t be human, can they? Their knees must be pneumatic! Wait ’til they get to my age, no amount of Voltarol or Berocca will ease their aching joints.
Winter or summer? Which Olympics do you prefer? Do you revel in the beauty of the ice dance, the exhilaration of the skeleton bob or the speed of the bobsleigh?
Perhaps you prefer the voyeurism of the beach volleyball, the discipline of the dressage or the cut and thrust of the fencing? (Sadly I don’t have any photos of Spicers partaking in beach volleyball, which might turn out to be a blessing in disguise in more ways than one).
So lovely readers, let’s get this conversation started, I’m dying to know:
- Which Olympics do you prefer, winter or summer?
- What are your favourite discipline(s)?
- What event would you like to see added to the programme?
- Have you tried any of the above, or another sporting event worthy of a mention?
- What was your greatest sporting achievement?
- What was your greatest sporting disaster?
- Which Olympic era do you remember the most fondly?
- Who were your Olympic heroes?
Spill the beans, I’d love to hear from you!