Happy St David’s Day, everybody!
Well that’s a great start to a new month, we welcomed Brian Blessed (“Gordon’s Alive!”) to Planet Dom and I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Storm Emma is welcoming in the first day of Spring and I’m sitting here in snowy England, but my aim is to bring a little ray of sunshine to you all from Planet Dom. Thank you to Meher at The Scribblings for nominating me. Meher writes beautiful poetry and is always supporting new bloggers on First Friday, she’s an absolute sweetheart. Check out this poem written with her mum entitled A Poem by Ma and Me. Exquisite.
The Rules for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or in your blog.
1. The Ros Martin Archive – humour and headline mashups
2. Confuzzledom – a Brit living in Switzerland who likes to travel
3. Go Dog Go Cafe – just don’t tell them about my answer to question 4!
4. Opher’s World – a world of creativity including poetry, photos and art
5. Lovely and Grateful – simple living and lovely photos
6. Two Brown Feet – travel, adventure and photography
7. Random Musings – travel, photography and a love of musicals
8. Adventures of an Anglaise – a Brit living in Paris
9. Design Around My World – bird nerd and animal enthusiast
10. Dinosaurs Donkeys and Ms – knitted donkeys, what’s not to love?
11. Epic by Design – Conservation, wildlife and travel
Questions for Nominees:
- Describe yourself in five words
- What is your favourite comedy sketch?
- Have you ever appeared on TV / radio?
- What is the scariest/most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
- What wrongs would you put right if you were invisible for the day?
- Can you live without social media for 7 days?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Have you met / do you have a connection to anyone famous?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- What questions would you like to ask anyone, alive or dead?
- What’s your view like from Planet Earth today?
My Answers to Meher’s Questions:
1. Does your blog specifically aim at something? If yes then, what does your blog aim at?
Dom and I ran an adventure group for 12 years and I write about the experiences we shared as well as his dyslexia which has caused much confusion over the years.
2. If you could do one great thing for the world, what would you do?
I’d create a new continent, miles from anywhere and put all the lawbreakers on it. We tried this once with Australia and they still haven’t forgiven us for it, so I think it’s best not to cause another diplomatic incident.
3. If you could live as any fictional character for one day, which character would you be?
4. Hot chocolate or cold coffee?
I can’t bear the smell of coffee, so it has to be hot chocolate. And the Chocolate Cafe in Henley on Thames serves the best ever, try the nougat flavoured one, it tastes like a melted Toblerone!
5. What power would you choose: transformation, invisibility or mind–reading?
Invisibility. I wouldn’t want to transform into something in case I couldn’t switch back!
6. If you could transform into any animal, which one would it be and why?
A giraffe. I am so done with being short.
7. Are you more of a turning-physical-pages-of-a-book reader or an e-book reader?
I’m old school and have never owned an e-book, so a real book wins, hands down.
8. If you could remodel time, where would you travel to – the past or the future?
The future, on my spaceship. We know what’s happened in the past, I want to know what happens next!
9. Look around the place you’re at while answering this question. What’s your favourite thing from in here?
I share an office with Dom, who works from home, so it has to be him!
10. What is your favourite junk meal?
Good old British fish and chips.
11. What’s the one thing that encourages you to keep writing?
If I don’t write I’ll have to get a proper job, and that will never do!